Saturday, February 15, 2003

Life is pretty good, except for all this
  • I used to complain about work because I didn't have enough to do. Being a man of extremes, I took a job that took me in completely the opposite direction. I had planned to take the week off to complete some home tasks which I had been avoiding, but alas, my vacation was cut short Thursday. Here on the Edge, we have to cover the shuttle disaster like a local story because, well, it is. We're certainly covering it with quantity. I did manage to clean the garage.
  • Today's weather will be the best since we came back to the Edge of America. Beautiful, sunny, low 80s. Not bad for mid-February. However, all five of us are sick in some fashion. The Boy can barely talk, which is not really a bad thing. The Old Daughter feels yucky. The Wife and I have mild cases of whatever the yuk is, but we're groggy more from lack of sleep. The only person who seems completely healthy is the Young Daughter, but she's 2, so we can't exactly turn control of the house over to her.
  • United Nations to world: "We haven't seen any bad weapons here in Iraq, but that doesn't mean they're not there. We'd like to keep looking." United States to United Nations: "We're bored with the inspections. We want to drop bombs. Besides, for Pete's sake, don't you guys watch CNN? The freakin' terrorists are coming to get us. Clearly, they must be stopped, and we'll stop them by torching Baghdad." Again, a quandary: Clearly the inspections are a sham. Clearly, the U.S. has little, if any, justification to start a war with Iraq. See how clear everything is?
  • No comments: