Kind of like finding $10 in the laundry
I found an album I didn't know I had. Buried in the depths of our stereo cabinet was an unmarked Maxell tape. I popped it in to the cassette player in my stereo, which probably hasn't been used in five years, and out came the sounds of the Black Crowes' Southern Harmony and Musical Companion. A friend had apparently made the copy about 10 or 11 years ago. I wonder if he wonders where it is. The Crowes' 1992 follow-up to Shake Your Moneymaker wasn't nearly as good, but it was still a strong rock 'n' blues album, the likes of which we haven't heard since. I have often contended that the Black Crowes were the last great rock 'n' roll band. I vaguely remember going to see them play at a musty old arena in Anytown in '91 or '92, and they were great, if slighly weed-addled. Basically, they were the last stand for rock before music went to crap in the mid-'90s.
No comments:
Post a Comment